Job Boards: 90+ In One Step
Includes job agents and a job search tracking system
LI School Districts Database
Accelerate your job search
Graduating With A Plan
Interview / Blind Date
I Don't Need A Resume
How To Write A Resume
Take This Career...
Lying On Your Resume
Write Your Own Resume?
Resume Services Measured
Resume Cover Letter
Keep The Reader In Mind
Career Change Resumes
12 Important Resume Tips
Objectives & Profiles
View More Videos At YouTube
Business Development Resume Sample
Business Development / Operations Manager Skills
Courtesy of O*NET
Determine and formulate policies and business strategies and provide overall
direction of private sector organizations. Plan, direct, and coordinate
operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of companies or public and private
sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies,
managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human
resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one
functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing,
or administrative services. Includes owners and managers who head small business
establishments whose duties are primarily managerial.
* Directs, plans, and implements policies and objectives of organization or
business in accordance with charter and board of directors.
* Directs activities of organization to plan procedures, establish
responsibilities, and coordinate functions among departments and sites.
* Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of company and staff and to
determine areas of cost reduction and program improvement.
* Confers with board members, organization officials, and staff members to
establish policies and formulate plans.
* Reviews financial statements and sales and activity reports to ensure that
organization's objectives are achieved.
* Assigns or delegates responsibilities to subordinates.
* Directs and coordinates activities of business involved with buying and
selling investment products and financial services.
* Establishes internal control procedures.
* Presides over or serves on board of directors, management committees, or other
* Directs in-service training of staff.
* Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with
the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
* Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
* Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance
data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing
cost reduction and program improvement.
* Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and
procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff
members as necessary.
* Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees,
or oversee those personnel processes.
* Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and
effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
* Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
* Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund
operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
* Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms,
based on forecasts of customer demand.
* Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information
from all relevant sources.
Monitoring and Controlling Resources — Monitoring and controlling resources and
overseeing the spending of money.
Communicating with Supervisors, Pee